Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekends in Thaton

I have been so grateful for a break and a little rest and recharge this weekend! Our program goes from Sunday night to Friday night so we have a couple of days free to ourselves. During this time we can travel around the country and pretty much do what we want to do as long as we have a buddy with us. Since this was such a crazy week we all decided just relax and chill for the weekend. It was so nice to just relax! I slept in till 9 and then just relaxed around our guest house. Close our guest house there is a Thai massage place that has become our team's favorite place! Since we all worked so hard this week we were all so tired and sore! Several of us took the opportunity to get an authentic Thai massage! I was nervous at first because the only massage that I have ever had was after a half marathon I ran in 2008. I had pulled my hamstring muscles and was trying to get them worked out. I was so ticklish and I was reacting and laughing so much that the women working on me told me I was done after about 5 min. So in my mind yesterday I was envisioning having a repeat of that experience. Luckily it was nothing like that! Instead it was a glorious and super relaxing experience! I felt like it was an opportunity to escape the stresses of this experience and just enjoy a peaceful moment! Thank goodness for that!

Before I left to Thailand my dad gave me a blessing that I have found a lot of comfort from since I have been here. One of the parts that has stood out to me while I have been here is a part about friends I would make here. He blessed me that I would find friends and make friendships that would last for a lifetime among the volunteers I am here with and with the people I am serving. I have found that to be a true statement. I am so grateful for the wonderful friends that I have made here so far. They have been my lifesaver and such a blessing! Thank goodness for friends! It has been fun to explore this place and make fun memories with them!

A few of us visited a local little restaurant last night for dinner called Jack's.

 
It was a fun little place! They had American music playing around in the background and good food to eat! It was a fun little place to spend our Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment